That could well be: 24% of the students tested in Groningen appears to be infected with Chlamydia. And that is not something to be ashamed of. In fact, the sooner you know, the better. Because STDs can lead to infertility for women and give all kinds of complaints to men. Many STIs do not cause complaints. Or sometimes only after a long time.
For general information, see Thuisarts.nl
You do not only do an STI test if you have complaints. It is wise to test for one or more STIs in the following cases:
- You have complaints that may fit an STI. Many STIs do not cause complaints.
- You have been warned by someone you have had sex with. Because this person has an STI. You can also be warned via a message from the GGD
- You have a new love. You want to know from each other whether or not you have an STI. By both doing an STI test, it becomes clear whether or not you have STIs.
- You have sex with changing people.
- You have had sex with someone once or several times. And the condom is torn.
- You are a man and have sex with other men.
An STD is an infection that has developed into a disease that you contract with unprotected sex (oral, anal and vaginal sex without a condom and/or the use of sex toys without a condom) which is transmitted via:
- Skin-to-skin contact
- But NOT from the toilet seat ...
What are the symptoms of an STD?
Both men and women can recognize an STD by the following symptoms, among others:
What to do?
- Check yourself with our SOA test guide.
- Order the STD test online and perform the test at home
- Send the test to a certified laboratory by post
- You will receive the results within a few days
- If necessary, discuss the result with your doctor and make an appointment if the test does not show chlamydia or gonorrhea
When can you perform the test?
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea can only be tested 3 weeks after unsafe sex
- HIV, Lues and Hepatitis can only be tested from 3 months after unprotected sex.
There are many do-it-yourself tests on the internet. However, these are often unreliable. Order a 100% safe and reliable STD test.